Full Day Kindergarten
Basic Goals and Objectives of Kindergarten Program
The Kindergarten program is based on the beliefs that:
- Children develop through similar stages but at individual rates. For this reason the program is geared to meet children at various levels and abilities.
- Children are eager to learn and will benefit from working with their peers. They will learn through organized activities, purposeful play, and by cooperating with others.
- Parents are their child’s first teacher; a child’s success is dependent upon parental support.
The six main components of the Kindergarten Program are:
- Early Literacy
- Early Numeracy
- Personal and Social Responsibility
- Community and Environmental Awareness (Science & Social Studies)
- Physical Skills and Well-Being (Health & Phys. Ed.)
- Creative and Cultural Expression (Art, Music, & Drama)
A full version of the Kindergarten Program Statement is available at http://ednet.edc.gov.ab.ca.
Kindergarten fees are $ 50.00 for the 2013 - 2014 school year.
- Community Options
- Northwest Out-of-School Care
- Edmonton Northwest Preschool
- Bent Arrow Healing Society - Wichitowin Family Night
- Uncles and Aunts at Large - In-school mentors
- Food for Thought & Fruit for a Friend
- Inglewood Community League
- Safeway Westmount
- Bank of Montreal
- Lafarge Canada
- 124 Street Youth Board
- Neigborhood Empowerment Team - Inglewood
- Tim Horton’s - Camp for Kids
- City of Edmonton - Recreation Department
- Roots of Empathy
- Scouts Canada
- INDIGO Love of Reading Grant
- Tools for Schools
- Kids on Track Edmonton